If you’ve been looking for a way to find out who viewed my facebook profile, this tutorial will guide you through. In this article, we’ve mentioned a number of ways through which you can know who viewed your facebook profile.
Facebook, over the years have improved and changed a lot. There have been a lot of changes as well as features that have been added to the platform since its launch. However, there’s one particular feature that users have been asking for, since the very start. People have been requesting for a feature that gives them the ability to find who viewed their facebook profile.
However, facebook doesn’t seem to be interested in rolling out this feature. Today in this article, we’ll talk about different methods through which you can find out who viewed your facebook profile.
Is it possible to Find Out Who viewed my Facebook profile?
As per facebook, there’s no way a user can get to know who viewed their profile. Facebook has claimed that the apps available for this purpose do not provide legit results. Additionally, facebook has asked the users to report about any such app that provides viewership of facebook profile.
So is it true that there isn’t any method to know who viewed your profile? This is partly true and party false.
The reason for it being partly true is the lack of any official method to do so. However, it is partly false because there is an array of unofficial methods through which you can find out people who visit my facebook profile. Let us talk about some of those unofficial methods.
Method #1 – Through Source Code
This method isn’t 100% efficient and it might or might not provide legit results. However, this is worth a try as it is extremely simple to follow. Here’s a step-by-step procedure that you’ll need to follow:-
- Go to facebook.com and login with your credentials.
- Once you’ve logged in and entered your profile, right click on the window and click on “view page source”.
- You’ll be able to see the source code of your profile. Now, press Ctrl + F and in the search box, enter “InitialChatFriendsList”.
- Upon searching this term, you’ll get a number of profile IDs. Profile IDs are unique numeric digits allocated to facebook users.
- Now go to facebook.com/ProfileID. After the slash, enter the profile IDs that you’ve generated.
- This will take you to profiles of people that have visited your facebook profile recently.
Method #2 – Third party apps
There’s an array of third party apps for finding who viewed facebook profile. Most of these apps aren’t safe to use as they ask you to enter your facebook login credentials. Giving away your credentials to any third party app isn’t a good idea. However, there are some apps that are legitimate and provide accurate results.
All you need to do is browse through these apps, recognize which is a legit app and go for it. We do not recommend you to download these apps as they might leak your facebook data or even worse, hack your facebook account.
Method #3 – Social Profile Chrome Extension
Another simple method through which your can know about the people visiting your profile is through the extension method. Here’s how you can do it:-
- Launch chrome browser.
- Go to the top right and you’ll find an icon that has 3 vertical lines. Click on it.
- Now, navigate to “more tools” and click on “extensions”.
- In the search bar, enter “social profile view notification”.
- Once you’re on the extension page, click on “add to chrome” and the extension will be added to your browser.
- Once the extension has been added, go to facebook.com and login through your credentials.
- An option will now be added to your facebook profile named “visitors”. Through this “visitors” option, you can know who visited your facebook profile.
Additional Methods (Tricks)
The methods that we’ll explain aren’t exactly methods but are simple tricks through which your can know about the visitors of your profile. These are completely legal and wouldn’t cause any problem to your or your account. Let’s begin with the tricks.
Go to facebook.com and login with your username and password. Now, go to your profile by clicking on your name on the right top. Once you’re on the profile page, click on “friends” tab. Now, the friends that are listed on the top are probably the ones who’ve interacted with you the most or have visited your profile very often.
Another thing that you can do is keep a track of people who like your posts very often. There’s a high probability that people who like your posts often visit your profile often.
Also, at times, we receive notification like “you have a new friend suggestion”. The person that has been mentioned in this suggestion is probably the one who has visited your profile recently but haven’t added you.
Most facebook users want to find out who viewed my facebook profile. Facebook, however, have refused to disclose this information with the users. However, there are some unofficial ways through which you can know who viewed your facebook profile. We’ve mentioned some of the best ways to do so in the above article. Comment below and let us know which method worked for you and which didn’t.