In this tutorial, we’ll show you multiple methods to download documents from Scribd. But, before moving on to the methods, let us first have a brief discussion about what Scribd actually is why downloading documents from it is such a daunting task.
What is Scribd?
In this digital age, most traditional formats are getting digitalized. Gone are the days when newspapers and magazines were the only sources of reading news and articles. These days, news can be read on your smartphones anytime and anywhere in the form of full length news or snapshots. Similarly, books and magazines can be read digitally in the form of e-books and e-magazines respectively. All this has been made possible due to websites like Scribd.
Scribd is basically a platform where you can read magazines, newspapers, books and documents digitally. Additionally, you can listen to audiobooks as well. This platform is free to use for 30 days and the subscription can be cancelled at any time. Once the 30 day trail ends, users are required to pay a fee of $8.99 per month to access the services. This basic fee of $8.99 provides the users with 3 books of their choice, an audiobook and unlimited magazines and documents.
There are plenty of documents that are exclusively uploaded on Scribd and cannot be found anywhere else. Now, most people aren’t comfortable in paying the fee just for downloading a single document. This is the reason why people are looking for free ways to download documents from Scribd in 2019. This article will guide you through multiple methods to do so.
Download Scribd Documents for free – Methods
Here are some working methods to download scribd documents on your computer.
Method 1:- Through Source Code
This method isn’t guaranteed to work but there’s a high probability that it might. Most people have been able to download documents from Scribd through this method, however, a few haven’t as well. If this method fails, you’ll receive a message saying “invalid key error”. Let us jump right into the step-by-step procedure.
1. Open Firefox browser. This method is exclusive to Firefox browser and wouldn’t work if you’re using chrome or any other browser.
2. Open the document you want to download and click on preview. When the document is being previewed, right-click on the document page and select “view page source”. Upon selecting it, you’ll be taken to a new page that contains the source code of the document page.
3. Now, the next step is to get the document ID number and the access key. For the access key, just press strl+f on the source code page and search for “access key”. You’ll find an alphanumeric combination which is the access key of the document. For the document ID, look at the URL of the document and you’ll see a number. That number in the URL is the document ID.
4. Now, replace number with the document ID and access key with the alphanumeric access key in the URL below:-
- Now, enter the new URL in the browser and hit enter. Your document will start downloading.
Method 2:- Through a downloader
This is an extremely simple method to download Scribd documents for free. All you’ll have to do is paste the URL of your desired document in the downloader and hit enter. Here’s a step-by-step procedure to do so:-
- Firstly, go to Scribd.com and open the document you want to download.
- Copy the URL of the document.
- Now, go to https://Scribddownloader.org and paste the URL in the downloader.
- Click on “download” and wait for the download to begin.
Method 3:- By Uploading a Document
This method, unlike the first method, isn’t exclusive to Firefox browser and can be performed with any browser of your choice. It is an easy and effective method but due to the recent updates by scrbid development team, users have been facing problems with this method. However, you can give it a try. Here are the steps that you’ll need to follow:-
- Open any browser and go to Scribd.com.
- Create an account if you haven’t already, else, sign in with your credentials.
- Now, search for the desired document, open it up and copy the URL.
- Do not click on the “download” button. If you do so, you’ll be taken to the subscription page and will be asked to pay the fee or go for the free trial. Instead, click on the upload option that is present on the top of the page.
- Now, click on “select files to upload” and upload any random document from your computer.
6. After the document has been uploaded, give it a title and click on “save”.
7. Now, paste the copied URL in the address bar and hit enter. Upon clicking on the download button, you’ll now be able to download the file.
In the article above, we’ve explained three different ways through which you can download documents from Scribd in 2019. None of the methods are guaranteed to work every time and should be used as per the trial and error concept. If one of the methods does not work, try the rest two. Comment below which method has proven to be the most efficient one to download Scribd documents for free in 2019.